Course Overview:This "LTE Security" course is designed to enable participants understand the security issues surrounding LTE networks. It will list and explain in-depth the various encryption algorithms used in LTE networks so that the participants will have a good understanding of these encryption algorithms. The course will also dwell into relevant topics to teach the participants how to manage the security keys involved. It will also cover the functions of the PKI architecture components, and include topics to enable participants have a good concept of IPSec over Public Internet as well as Private Backhaul networks.
Key Benefits:Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the security bases for LTE networks
- List the encryption algorithms
- Understand how the LTE security feature groups meet certain threats and accomplish certain security objectives: Network access security, LTE Security Encryption etc
- Understand Security Keys Management:
- Differences between the private and public keys, how to exchange keys with security over the network (using originally algorithms such Deffie-Helmann) and how this drives to certificates and PKI.
- Describe the functions of the PKI architecture components
- Describe concept for IPSEC over public Internet and Private Backhaul.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:Attendance on this course assumes knowledge basic GSM/WCDMA/LTE knowledge. An understanding of IP and security procedures would be an advantage.
Who Should Attend?This course is designed for engineers, managers and other personnel who have a need to acquire a technical overview of the security environment employed within GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks. It will also be of benefit to those in the wider technical community who have a need to understand the security protocols employed by cellular networks.
Course Duration:3 days
- Introduction to LTE network components and architecture
- Overview of security concepts
- Basics on transport security
- Security keys - 3GPP TS 36.300
- LTE/EPC Security Procedures
- Security features in IP Multimedia System