Course Objectives:The goal of this course is to present details and up-to-date information on the 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and the corresponding 3GPP standards. The key features of the 4G wireless technology will be covered, specifically Release 10 to 12. Multiple antenna technology including Coordinated Multi-Point, Carrier Aggregation (CA), and Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet) and Self-Organizing Networks (SON) will be discussed. Evolved all-IP core, QoS mechanism and transport network architectures and technologies will be studied. Applications such VoIP, M2M and integration with the Internet will be considered.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:A strong knowledge of wireless communication systems is required. Experience with 2G or 3G radio technologies is welcomed.
Who Should Attend?
- Technical managers that want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues of 4G.
- Technical managers that want to understand 2G, 3G and 4G convergence.
- Development, application and deployment engineers that require a good knowledge of the LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and its applications.
Course Duration:5-day instructor-led training
- LTE Physical Layer
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- LTE-A Specifics
- LTE-A specifics, contd.
- MAC, RLC and RRC Layer
- Access Procedures
- Core Network
- Bearers and QoS
- Voice in LTE and Multimedia
- Backhaul and transport network