Course Objectives:After attending the "ABCs of Telecommunications" training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of telecommunications and how they are being used.
- Understand the vital links between wireless and wireline systems.
- Learn about the legacy and future of telecoms including technologies such as HetNet, LTE-A and Cloud Services.
- Piece together the complex puzzle of telecom landscape.
Course Overview:The Telecommunications landscape is in a constant flux of change. Knowledge and competence is vital for professionals working in this ever-changing telecommunication industry. The ABCs of Telecommunications is a three (3) day course that provides executives with fundamental understanding and overview of modern telecommunication network in operation today. The course starts with the basics of Modulation and Multiplexing techniques and covers important Wireless Access Technologies like WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, LTE-A and 5G. Participants will be able to learn the basics of Class of Service, Quality of Service, Quality of Experience in modern LTE network. Transmission Technologies like microwave, fiber are also covered. The course covers basic Telephony, Signalling, data communications, LAN and broadband networks, MPLS and basics of Carrier Ethernet. Radio technologies such as Bluetooth, NFC and Wireless LAN are also included. This training course serves as foundation knowledge for other telecommunication courses of Telefocal Asia.
Who Should Attend?Technical and Non-Technical Professionals working in Telecommunication industry.
Course Duration:3 days
- Basic Concepts
- Block Diagram of Basic Communication System
- Standard Bodies in Telecommunication
- Electromagnetic Signals
- Modulation Techniques
- Multiplexing Techniques
- Switching Types
- Signalling Technologies and Principles
- OSI Reference Model
- Telecom Networks
- Wireline and Transmission Technologies
- Transmission Media
- Radio Systems, Short Range Radio Systems. Infra-Red
- Fiber Optics and FTTx
- Data Networking Types and Classifications
- The Internet
- Voice Over IP Technology
- Mobility and New Telecommunications Technologies
- The Cellular Network
- 3G UMTS and HSPA
- Overview of LTE and 4G Technology
- IMS Overview
- Carrier Ethernet
- Telecom Technologies
- Evolving Mobile Networks
- High Speed Wireless Connectivity
- Case Studies and Scenarios