The Telecommunications landscape is in a constant flux of change. For telecommunication professionals, knowledge and competence is vital in this ever-changing industry. This course provides Telecommunication Professionals with an overview of how various telecommunications technologies fit into the overall network environment.
Course Objectives:After completing the training, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basics of telecommunications and how they are being used.
- Understand the vital links between wireless and wireline systems.
- Learn about the legacy and future of telecoms including technologies such as HetNet, LTE-A and Cloud Services.
- Piece together the complex puzzle of telecom landscape.
Course OverviewThe telecommunications landscape is in a constant flux of change. Knowledge and competence in this area is vital for professionals working in this ever-changing industry. The ABCs of Telecommunications is a course that provides executives with the fundamental understanding and overview of the modern telecommunications network that are in operation today. The course starts with the basics of Modulation and Multiplexing techniques and covers important Wireless Access Technologies like WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, LTE-A and 5G. Participants will be able to learn the basics of Class of Service, Quality of Service, Quality of Experience in modern LTE network. Transmission Technologies like microwave, fiber are also covered. The course covers basic Telephony, Signalling, data communications, LAN and broadband networks, MPLS and basics of Carrier Ethernet. Radio technologies such as Bluetooth, NFC and Wireless LAN are also included. This training course serves as foundation knowledge for other telecommunication courses of Telefocal Asia.
Who Should Attend?Technical and non-technical professionals working in the telecommunications industry.
COURSE OUTLINEBasic Concepts
- Block Diagram of Basic Communication System
- Standard Bodies in Telecommunication
- Electromagnetic Signals
- Multiplexing Techniques
- Switching Types
- Signalling Technologies and Principles
- OSI Reference Model
- Telecom Networks
- Transmission Media
- Fixed Broadband Technologies
- Fiber Optics and FTTx
- Data Networking Types and Classifications
- The Internet
- Voice Over IP Technology
- The Cellular Network
- 3G UMTS and HSPA
- Overview of LTE and 4G Technology
- IMS Overview
- Overview of 5G Technology
- Evolving Mobile Networks
- Telecom Technologies
- Carrier Ethernet
- SDN data Networking
- Internet Of Things