Duration and Training Format
2 days, Instructor-led Training
Full deployment of 5G will happen very soon, probably in 2020. Expectations are high, as are security concerns.
Significantly more devices and increased use of virtualization and the cloud will likely mean more 5G security threats and a larger multi-faceted attack surface.
Cybersecurity professionals are keenly aware that to achieve a strong and healthy communication network for future, the industry must maintain a major focus on 5G security.
Some professionals vouch for a holistic approach, in particular the maintenance of a clean 5G network which prevents the transfer of malware to connected devices and protects customers against cyber attacks, as well as a 5G network with security mechanisms which prevent unauthorized command and control, alias C2, to operate connected devices.
Security advocates also call for an open and secure 5G network that allows network resources to be safely exposed to third parties - so that mobile operators can maximize the adoption of 5G and the monetization of 5G network resources.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify 5G security drivers, threats, requirements and obtain a high-level vision
- List the elements of a 5G security architecture
- Identify the security concerns and vulnerabilities of 5G
- Recognize the security measures required for 5G
- Government personnel who want to learn the foundation of 5G security in detail as well as to keep up on trends in the 5G security field.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in industry, especially where 5G technology is concerned.
- Executives and managers of 5G security systems.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working in 5G deployment.
- DAY 1
- 5G Network overview
- 5G Security Drivers
- Physical Layer Security in 5G Networks
- 3GPP Security Features
- DAY 2
- 5G Infrastructure Security Principles
- Network Slicing Security