Duration and Training Format
7 Virtual Days, Instructor-led Training
CITREP+ funding available
You may view our course listing on IMTalent website here.
This course aims to provide students with deep technical skills for planning and performing 5G design process. Upon completion of this course, the participants would be able to:
- Describe what 5G is
- Describe the 5G technology drivers
- List the 5G features and their benefits
- Describe the 5G network architecture and its key technologies
- Illustrate the 5G architecture and components both Core, RAN and Services
- Explain the Core network operation of 5G and the functionality of related nodes
- Describe typical 5G Use Cases and deployment scenarios
- Describe the conditions necessary to support 5G deployments
- Describe and design the IT infrastructure environment of 5G
- Describe the virtual network functions and the software based architecture of 5G
- Describe and be able to assess the security risk of 5G
- Ability to create cybersecurity policies for multiple layers of the 5G infrastructure
Participants will be given a Multiple Choice Questions quiz on the last day of the workshop to test their assessments.
This course covers the next major phase of mobile communication technologies and standards beyond the current 4G/IMT-Advanced Standards. The course covers 5G technologies in full depth and breadth and includes topics like software based architecture, Network Slicing, Virtualised Network Core Functions, User Plane splitting, Full layered cybersecurity and 5G applications that will revolutionize the form and operation of mobile network operators.
Participants will find out how 5G system is designed as compared to 4G, in terms of speed, agility and intelligence, IT infrastructure and Security. New trends and services such as D2D. IoT, Smart Cities, Autonomous Driving, low-latency remote control, are just some of the use cases that operators will be able to leverage to boost their business towards the new era of all-software defined businesses.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be proficient in the knowledge of 5G system infrastructure both from the traditional telecom point of view but also the IT system perspective. They will be able to plan and design a best-in-class Software-Defined 5G network infrastructure that offers leading-edge applications that would satisfy both current and future market requirements.
Pre-requisites for Participants
- Knowledge of core networking and functions
- Basic understanding of IP-based communication
- Experience with IT concepts and infrastructure (i.e. APIs, Ethernet, Switches, Routers)
- Understanding of current 4G Air Interface and Core Network Technologies
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for telecommunications engineers, IT engineers as well as Telecom infrastructure security professionals working in the Mobile Operators, Policy Regulators, or IT infrastructure providers, as well as those wishing to extend their skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to the 5G System infrastructure.
- 5G Introduction
- 5G Use Cases
- 5G System & Core Deep Dive
- Service Based Architecture (SBA)
- 5G Service Exposure
- 5G NR - Flexible Frame structure
- 5G Air Interface Physical channels (overview)
- 5G Air Interface Call Flow Examples (overview)
- 5G Network Slicing
- 5G Security
- 5G Deployment
Eligible trainees can receive the CITREP+ course fee support of up to 70% or up to 90% for this '5G Network Architecture with Core Network Planning and Security' course.
For full information on CITREP+ eligibility and funding, please visit www.IMTalent.sg/CITREP