The course seeks to deliver up-to-date information on the current 3GPP and 3GPP2, 802.11 standards and end-to-end auditing and KPIs. The participants will become familiar with the features of the data standards and why and how it evolves. The participants will learn about practical performance and deployment issues, the processes, procedures and protocols and end-to-end signaling. It will also help them to master network optimization and performance issues which include counters and call flows.
- This course provides a complete overview of the QoS and performance issues of the entire LTE UMTS GSM/GERAN, and 802.11 systems, using an all-IP approach.
- It provides an introduction of the performance and QoS of radio access and core IP networks that efficiently supports UMTS, LTE and 802.11 services.
- It features a comprehensive study of system performance with simulations and field trials, and covers all the major features such as basic KPIs, QoS of voice, data and multimedia applications in GSM, GPRS, EDGE, W-CDMA/UMTS, and LTE.
- We will discuss the different technologies, signaling protocols, end-to-end processes, and the position of GERAN, CDMA, and W-CDMA/UMTS/LTE within such technologies.
- It provides an understanding of network architectures of GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA, LTE is, and develop an appreciation of how these technologies can be used to deliver value to customers. It also includes in-building concepts – data throughput etc.
- It also explore and explain the linkages between technological capabilities and end-to-end testing, auditing and performance improvements.
Participants will gain state-of-the art knowledge regarding LTE QoS performance, benchmarking and radio-access as well as core network parameter optimization.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A basic knowledge of GSM/CDMA, IP
and data communication technology will be required.
Who Should Attend?
This course will be suitable for engineers, technicians and managers responsible for the planning, design, and operation of UMTS/LTE and
GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks and indoor design services.
5-day instructor-led training with case studies.
- LTE/UMTS/GSM System Architecture and QoS criteria
- Understanding Core and relating with Radio
- Identities for CORE and Radio, Codes and IP address (IP v4 and IPv6)
- Interworking Aspects between 2G 3G 4G and why all IP
- Evolved Radio Network and Terminal
- UMTS, LTE and GSM main Protocols and Procedures
- UMTS HSPA LTE performance requirements
- UMTS, LTE, GSM main Parameters
- UMTS, LTE, GSM KPIs