Duration and Training Format
5-day instructor-led training
This is an intensive 5-day course that focuses on advanced aspects of LTE technology and applications. The following topics will be addressed.
- Detailed analysis of layer 1 and 2 protocol functions
- LTE design, planning, deployment and rollout strategies and its relationship with already-deployed 3G networks
- Introduction to LTE optimisation of services
- All-IP network architecture (including insightful introduction of IMS) will be analyzed
- Practical hands-on with srsLTE 4G network
This course aims to present up-to-date information about LTE technology and the corresponding 3GPP standards (up to Release 10). The focus is on the LTE technology, design, planning optimisation and its applications. The participants will gain an in-depth knowledge of the LTE technology such that they would be able to confidently launch an LTE network, one that is designed for the next generation of multimedia services. They will be able to access and utilize the lab that has been pre-setup. By adopting a practical approach using srsLTE software, participants will master key concepts and be able to understand real LTE parameter settings upon course completion.
Participants will be able to fully understand LTE technology, its relationship with UMTS and HSPA and its operation. Furthermore, they will be able to address potential network issues and problems that may surface in the real world.
Pre-requisite for Participants
- Strong knowledge of wireless communication systems is required
- Experience with 3G radio technologies is a must, preferably HSPA
- A strong background (or practical experience) in IP related technologies and PC analysis tools is preferred
Who Should Attend?
- Technical managers who wish to acquire an in-depth understanding of LTE
- Technical managers who wish to understand the differences between LTE and 3G
- Development, application and deployment engineers who require a master level of knowledge on LTE
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer – Advanced level
- Software Defined Radio
- LTE MAC and RRC Layer
- LTE Deployment and Radio Planning
- LTE Operation Parameterization
- Enhanced Packet Core (EPC) Introduction
- E2E Signalling