Duration and Training Format
5-day instructor-led training
The goal of this course is to present details and up-to-date information on the LTE technology and the corresponding 3GPP standards (up to Release 10). The focus is on the LTE technology, design, planning optimisation and its applications. The participants will master top to bottom the technology and everything needed to confidently launch an LTE network designed for the next generation of multimedia services.
This is an intensive 5-day course focusing on advanced aspects of LTE technology and applications. We will address the following topics.
- Evolution from 3GPP UMTS and HSPA to LTE.
- Detailed analysis of layer 1 and 2 protocol functions.
- LTE design, planning, deployment and rollout strategies and its relationship with already-deployed 3G networks.
- Introduction to LTE optimisation of services
- All-IP network architecture (including insightful introduction of IMS) will be analysed.
- VoIP, Mobile Broadband, and Mobile HD Video as LTE applications will be discussed.
- Detailed comparison with other competing technologies like WiMAX II (802.16m) will be presented.
The participants will master end-to-end the LTE technology, its relationship with UMTS and HSPA and its operation. Furthermore, they will be able to address real-world problems and compare it with the competing WiMAX technology.
Pre-requisite for Participants
A strong knowledge of wireless communication systems is required. Experience with 3G radio technologies is a must, preferably HSPA. Strong background (or practical experience) of IP related technologies and PC analysis tools.
Who Should Attend?
- Technical managers that want to learn and understand in depth LTE.
- Technical managers that want to understand differences between LTE and WiMAX II.
- Development, application and deployment engineers that require a Master level of knowledge on everything LTE.
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer – Advanced level
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- Advanced LTE MIMO
- LTE MAC and RRC Layer
- LTE Access Procedures
- Network Architecture and Applications
- LTE Deployment and Radio Planning
- LTE Operation Parameterization
- LTE Network KPIs
- Enhanced Packet Core (EPC) Intro
- EPC Protocols
- EPC Network Access, Session and PDN Connectivity
- IMS and LTE Services
- Migration to LTE
- Migration to 4G: LTE-Advance
- Comparison with WIMAX and WIMAX II