Telefocal Certified Professional in Managing the Managed Services (TC-MTMS)
In this course, participants will learn how to transform and prepare the managed services for the next era of business delivery, covering these three areas: Business Transformation, Technology Transformation, and Operation Transformation. These will help telecom operators in the following aspects:
- From discrete network elements to an autonomously managed, virtualized communications and cloud infrastructure – for better Managed Services
- From managing a limited set of suppliers to co-existing in a vibrant ecosystem of partners – from Transition to Transformation of Managed Services
- From a traditional telco organization and culture to a digital organization and culture – which is more lean to Manage Managed Services and Upgrades
- From one dimensional management of customer relationships to 360-degree omnichannel management of the customer experience – for monitoring the quality of the network through Managed Service program.
Digital transformation is the fundamental redesign of business activities, processes, and models by leveraging a mix of digital technologies which includes but is not limited to, social, mobile, analytics and cloud (SMAC) to create more value for shareholders.
Theory learnt in the course will be complemented with hands-on, real-world exercises led by Telefocal’s instructors who have practical experience from running projects, businesses and operations across the world.
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 5 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
1. New Telecom Reality Enabling New Ways of Working
New telecom technologies are functioning hand in hand with other technology megatrends that are changing the way people work: cloud, social, wireless sensors, big data, ML and AI. You and your company’s growth depend upon how we’re harnessing these powerful forces to transform our way of working. It’s about how we build relationships, share information, and respond to ever-changing conditions. How to club the mindset, skills to the new culture, and guiding teams to productivity, inspiring personal and organizational growth? How to develop a new level of transparency? How to facilitate open communications?
2. Business Teams and Transformation
Implementation: Monitoring, Change Management, Effectiveness, Examples and practical cases from operations and
- Workforce Enablement – New Culture and Team Behavior
- The New Manager – Lean Management
- Deliverable Summit instead of Communication Flow
- Challenges and Corporate Strategy Transformatio
- Challenges: Technologies, Networks, Markets, People and Process
- Management Risks: Services Qualities, Customer Churn, Operation Process, New function team, High employee turnover, high operation costs and less competitiveness
- Network Strategy and Process Transformation
- Change to match the market demand in New Era – HKT Revolution
- Migration from 2G to 3G / 4G to 5G
- Manage the Data Network
4. Technology and Digital Transformation
If the technology is being transformed, the processes to manage the technology delivery must be transformed and so should the Managed Services – New Ways of Working. Digital Transformation will start with Process Transformation.
- Wireless Network Planning and Design for Data Business
- From Macro to Small cells and IoT designs
- From RAN to C-RAN
- From Single Antenna to Massive MIMO
- IT and Core Network Planning & Design for Data Business
- Agile IT Environment
- SDN and NFV
- From RAN to C-RAN
- 5G Cloud-Native Core
- Services Based Architecture
- Virtualized Cellular IoT Serving Gateway Nod
- Digital Transformation
- Connected CLOUDs – Public, Private and Hybrid
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- 5G and IoT Everywhere
- Machine Learning
- AR and VR
- Advanced Analytics
- Location-Based Services
4. Operational Transformation
Lean Project: Program Planning and Management – Project Definition: The Project, Specifics, Objectives, Resources, Work Distribution
- Project Life Processes
- Project Management Case Studies
- Project Management in Practice
5. Workflow Analysis, Process Mapping and Process Shortening
6. Techniques – 6 Sigma, 5S
The main purpose behind business process mapping is to assist organizations in becoming more efficient. A clear and detailed business process map or diagram allows outside firms to come in and look at whether or not improvements can be made to the current process.
Business process mapping takes a specific objective and helps to measure and compare that objective alongside the entire
organization’s objectives to make sure that all processes are aligned with the company’s values and capabilities. The reason many organizations fail to sufficiently address and document their business processes is because it’s believed that everyone within the organization fully understands these processes.
7. Digitize Core Business Processes
8. Smart Service Level Agreements (SLA)
Formal definition of a service, delivery time of the service or performance, matched to KPIs.
- Defining SLA based on Workflow Analysis
- SLA cost estimation based on variance
- Automation and outsourcing for SLAs
- Automating and Digitizing Customer and Service Level SLAs
9. Bridge Vertical KPIs – Reporting Utilizing (Big) Data Analytics
Once you have mastered the art of bridging people and technology, start to work on bridging their outcomes and measuring it using KPIs. Do not invent any new KPIs, we already have plenty. Redesign the existing KPIs.
“People only do what you inspect, and not what you expect!”, then why not pin our core KPIs around the same. Make inter department heads accountable for each other’s KPIs, and some individual owns that instead of the whole team.