Machine-To-Machine (M2M): Technologies and Applications
This course will focus on M2M technologies and applications. The following topics would be addressed in this course:
- Applications: Metering, Healthcare, Smart City, Automotive and Industrial
- Market Statistics and Predictions
- Cellular, Capillary and Hybrid Solutions
- Elements of the System: Sensor and Actuator Nodes, Gateways, Access and Core Network, Servers and Terminals
- Specifics of GSM/GPRS/Edge, UMTS/HSPA and LTE/LTE-A for M2M
- Specifics of ZigBee/802.15.4 and WiFi for M2M
- The Internet Integration.
- QoS and KPIs for M2M
- Business Models
- Real World Case Studies and Deployment Options
- Technical managers that want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues of M2M.
- Technical managers that want to understand 2G, 3G and 4G and ZigBee/802.15.4 and WiFi integration in M2M systems.
- Development, application and deployment engineers that require good understanding of M2M issues so they can solve real-world M2M problems and architect systems.
[Classroom: 5 days / LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
The objective of this course is to present details on various wireless communication technologies and system architectures used to implement machine-to-machine (M2M) communication systems. The attendees will learn about metering, health care, smart city, automotive and industrial applications.
Current market statistics and predictions will be presented. Cellular, capillary and hybrid solutions will be presented. The Internet, 2G, 3G and 4G cellular architectures enabling M2M services and their integration with short range ZigBee/802.15.4 and WiFi solutions will be analyzed in greater detail.
- M2M Architecture
- Overview of Cellular Technologies for M2M
- Overview of Cellular Technologies for M2M (cont’d)
- Cellular and Integration with the Internet
- Overview of Short-range Capillary Technologies for M2M
- Coverage and Capacity Analysis
- M2M Deployments