LTE Cell Planning and Optimization using Planet Planning Tool
By attending this course, participants will learn how to calculate link budgets and undertake cell planning for users in the cell edge (under worse case scenario).
Network interference is a critical factor to be considered and therefore needs to be account for in the throughput calculation and frequency planning with the scheduler.
Through mastering such techniques, participants will learn how to improve throughput optimization and end-user experience.
[Classroom: 5 days / LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
- Introduction to LTE
- Network architecture
- Radio principles
- Radio channels
- Mobility in 4G
- Link budget in LTE
- Network Settings (Modulations, defining Frame Editor Parameters & Interference Coordination Hard Handover & Cellular Layer)
- Defining project settings
- Placing sites automatically
- Assigning a propagation model
- Generating and viewing predictions
- Importing network data
- Creating a traffic map
- Editing subscribers
- Generating and viewing a network analysis
- Generating and Monte Carlo simulation
- Generating layer statistics
- Site editor
- Defining Sector Link Parameters
- Defining Link Configurations
- Link Configurations
- Multiples Antenna Techniques
- Advantages of MIMO
- Antenna Algorithms
- Enabling MIMO in a sector
- Defining Power Settings
- Inter-Cell Interference Coordination
- Advance Receivers Configuration in Planet
- Defining a LTE Workflow
- Generate traffic maps.
- Define subscriber settings.
- Define environment settings.
- Generate an analysis or simulation.
- Generate and view layer statistics.
- Generate interference matrices.
- Generate neighbor lists.
Strengths and Weaknesses Of Defence Mechanisms
- Create coverage maps.
- Create reports.
- Visualize in Virtual Google Earth
- Neighbor Lists
- LTE Automatic Frequency & PCID Planning
- Small Cell Planning Tool
- Network Analysis/ Interactive Analysis
- Propagation models Calibration.
- Redistribute TRAFFIC CS Raster & Data Raster over radio cells according to the clutter weights to predict the needed HW and licenses in future expansion according to extra traffic over the existing.
- PRACH Root Sequence Planning
- VOLTE settings
- Optimization Tool including: PRACH, TAC, Site Placement, Optimize, Small Cell Placement.
- Adding hot spots to the map (modify in 3D map GIS)
- Case Study of network dimensioning/ planning (design the network based on a given traffic user profile, number of users, services)