LTE and LTE Advanced
This course presents up-to-date information on the 4G LTE/LTE-Advanced technology and the corresponding 3GPP standards.
Participants will be led to examine the key features of the 4G wireless technology, specifically Release 10 to 12. Multiple antenna technology including Coordinated Multi-Point, Carrier Aggregation (CA), and Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet) and Self-Organizing Networks (SON) will also be discussed.
This course also covers evolved all-IP core, QoS mechanism and transport network architectures and technologies, as well as applications such as VoIP, M2M and integration with the Internet.
[Classroom: 5 days / LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will understand the following topics:
- Evolution from 3GPP UMTS and HSPA to HSPA+ and LTE/LTE-Advanced
- Related layer 1 and 2 protocol functions
- New spectrum allocation and spectrum re-farming
- Active Antenna Arrays and Coordinated MultiPoint transmission (CoMP)
- Carrier Aggregation (CA) including specific signaling and scheduling
- Heterogeneous Networks (HetNet) including small cell (indoor and outdoor) deployments in conjunction with WiFi
- Self-Organizing Network (SON) and interference cancellation (eICIC)
- LTE/LTE-Advanced deployment and rollout strategies and its relationship with already-deployed 2G and 3G networks
- Remote-radio head (RRH) vs. pico-cell solutions
- All-IP network architecture (core and radio access network elements and protocols)
- Core network architecture and functions in great detail
- EPS bearers and QoS applied to different bearers and data flows
- New QoS mechanisms
- Applications such as VoIP (VoLTE and SRVCC)
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- LTE-A Specifics
- MAC, RLC, RRC Layer
- LTE Access Procedures
- LTE Core Network Basics
- LTE Bearers and QoS
- Voice in LTE and Multimedia
- Backhaul and Transport Network