LTE and LTE Advanced
This course provides an in-depth understanding of Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and LTE-Advanced, the advanced wireless communication technologies that have revolutionized the mobile industry. Participants will explore the evolution from 3GPP UMTS and HSPA to HSPA+ and LTE/LTE-Advanced, and delve into the various protocol functions, spectrum allocation, antenna technologies, and deployment strategies associated with these technologies.
Additionally, the course covers topics such as carrier aggregation, heterogeneous networks, self-organizing networks, and all-IP network architecture. The course also explores the application of LTE/LTE-Advanced in voice over IP (VoIP) services.
- Telecom engineers involved in the planning, design, deployment, and optimization of mobile communication networks
- Network architects
- Mobile network operators and service providers involved in the implementation and operation of LTE/LTE-A networks
- System integrators and equipment vendors involved in the development and deployment of LTE/LTE-A solutions
- Classroom: 5 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 35 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to the successful design, deployment, optimization, and management of LTE and LTE-Advanced networks. At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the evolution from 3GPP UMTS and HSPA to HSPA+ and LTE/LTE-Advanced
- Apply their knowledge of layer 1 and layer 2 protocol functions related to LTE/LTE-Advanced, including modulation schemes, coding techniques, and multiplexing methods
- Analyze and implement new spectrum allocation and spectrum re-farming strategies in LTE/LTE-Advanced networks
- Utilize active antenna arrays and Coordinated MultiPoint Transmission (CoMP) techniques to enhance network performance and coverage
- Effectively implement carrier aggregation (CA), including specific signaling and scheduling mechanisms, to optimize data rates and network capacity
- Design and deploy heterogeneous networks (HetNets) incorporating small cells and WiFi integration for improved network capacity and coverage
- Implement Self-Organizing Network (SON) and interference cancellation (eICIC) techniques to optimize network performance and manage interference
- Devise LTE/LTE-Advanced deployment and rollout strategies considering the integration with existing 2G and 3G networks
- Evaluate and choose between remote-radio head (RRH) and pico-cell solutions based on specific network requirements
- Configure and manage all-IP network architecture, encompassing core and radio access network elements and protocols, in LTE/LTE-Advanced networks
- Apply EPS bearers and Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms to different bearers and data flows to ensure appropriate QoS levels for various services and applications
- Implement new QoS mechanisms introduced in LTE/LTE-Advanced to enhance service quality and user experience
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- LTE-A Specifics
- MAC, RLC, RRC Layer
- LTE Access Procedures
- LTE Core Network Basics
- LTE Bearers and QoS
- Voice in LTE and Multimedia
- Backhaul and Transport Network
Note: A Certificate of Completion will only be issued upon achieving at least 75% attendance for the course.