Industrial Internet of Things for Telcos
Constrained by traditional voice and data revenue, Communication Service Providers (CSPs) are looking for new sources of revenue from IoT services provided to homes, office and individuals. As a result, IoT is becoming a part of new Operating Support System (OSS) and Business Support System (BSS) model.
In this course, you will learn about the importance of IoT and its revenue model in the telecommunications industry. You will be introduced to IoT technology, including sensors, M2M communication, and wireless protocols. Additionally, the course covers IoT platforms, machine learning for intelligent IoT, IoT connectivity services offered by CSPs, 5G and IoT services, and security in IoT implementation.
The course concludes with a case study of Verizon IoT offerings and a discussion of common IoT systems in the market, as well as big data for IoT. By the end of the course, participants will have a strong understanding of the IIoT and its applications in the telecommunications industry.
Duration & Training Format
- Classroom: 3 days
- LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
Upcoming Course Dates
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand all elements of IoT-Mechanical
- Build awareness of trends in IoT and its applications to individuals
- Learn about the various M2M and IoT-specific communication networks that are being deployed across the world, such as LoRaWAN and NB-IoT
- Discuss case studies of successful IoT service integration by Telcos and integration of IoT services with OSS
- Introduce new local IoT data and connectivity offerings
- Understand the difference between vertical IoT-total services sale, IoT middleware, and integration of IoT sale in BSS
- Gain awareness of how IoT and big data can help the telcos optimize their businesses
- Business Overview: Importance of IoT
- IoT Revenue Model and Adoption to Telcos
- Introduction to IoT: All about Sensors
- Fundamentals of M2M Communication: Sensor Network and Wireless Protocols
- Introduction to Mobile Application & IoT PAAS Platform
- Machine Learning for Intelligent IoT
- IoT Connectivity Service by CSP
- 5G and IoT Service
- Security in IoT Implementation
- Case Study: Verizon IoT Offering
- Some Common IoT Systems in Market
- Big Data for IoT