Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) for Manufacturing Professionals
Estimates for the IoT market value are massive, since by definition the IoT is an integrated and diffused layer of devices, sensors, and computing power that overlays entire consumer, business-to-business, and government industries. The IoT will account for an increasingly huge number of connections: 1.9 billion devices today, and 9 billion by 2018. That year, it will be roughly equal to the number of smartphones, smart TVs, tablets, wearable computers, and PCs combined.
In the consumer space, many products and services have already crossed over into the IoT, including kitchen and home appliances, parking, RFID, lighting and heating products, and a number of applications in Industrial Internet. What had changed in last couple of years is the emergence of number of inexpensive wireless technologies added by overwhelming adaptation of smart phones and tablets in every home. Explosive growth of mobile devices led to present demand of IoT.
Industrial IoT, or IIoT for manufacturing has been widely in use since 2014 and since then a large number of IIoT innovations have taken place. This course will introduce all the important aspects of innovations in Industrial IoT area.
This training is intended for a technology and business review of an emerging industry so that IoT enthusiasts/ entrepreneurs can grasp the basics of IoT technology and business.
This course is designed for managers who are responsible for business and operational processes within their respective manufacturing organizations and those who wish to know how to harness IoT to make systems and processes more efficient.
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 5 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
The main objective of this course is to introduce emerging technological options, platforms and case studies of IoT implementation in smart factories for manufacturing sectors.
At the end of this course, participants will understand:
- Basic overview of all the elements of IoT-mechanical, electronics / sensor platform, wireless and wireline protocols, mobile to electronics integration, mobile to enterprise integration, data analytics and total control plane
- M2M wireless protocols for IoT- WiFi, LoPan, BLE, Ethernet, Ethercat, PLC: When and where to use which one?
- Mobile / Desktop / Web app for registration, data acquisition and control
- Security issues and security solutions for IIoT
- Open source / commercial electronics platform for IoT-Raspberry Pi, Arduino , ArmMbedLPC, etc.
- Open source / commercial enterprise cloud platform for AWS-IoT apps, Azure -IOT, Watson-IOT, Mindsphere IIoT cloud in addition to other minor IoT clouds
- Studies of business and technology of some of the common IIoT platform like Siemens MindSphere and Azure IoT
- Business Overview of Why IoT is So Important
- Introduction to IoT: All About Sensors
- Fundamentals of M2M Communication: Sensor Network and Wireless Protocols
- Review of Electronics Platform, Production and Cost Projections
- Hardware / Protocol Elements of IIOT for Manufacturing
- Introduction to Mobile App Platform for IoT
- Machine Learning for Intelligent IIoT
- Analytic Engine for IIoT
- Security in IoT Implementation
- Database Implementation for IoT Cloud
- A Few Common IIoT Systems for Manufacturing
- Big Data for IoT