Advanced IoT Applications and Industries
The course provides participants with a solid technical understanding of the different IoT technologies involved in a modern IoT scenarios and use cases, covering open and standardized technologies from LTE-M/Cat-0/1/3, NB-IoT and 5G to closed and proprietary like Sigfox, LoRaWAN, Weightless and more.
The connectivity technologies are covered from holistic 360 degrees perspective coving standardization, pros/cons, regulatory aspects, security, ecosystem and applicability to use cases. Software and platform stacks for IoT are also covered in great extent and depth covering the full stack of IoT.
Platforms and architectures ranging from connectivity management to analytics to application enablement. Several architectures and best practices are covered and linked with the use cases for vertical industries, covering benefits business models, challenges of each industry and use case.
[Classroom: 3 days / LIVE Virtual*: 21 hours]
- A minimum of 6 or more participants are required for a company-based LIVE Virtual course to commence
- LIVE Virtual courses can be conducted for 5 hours or 7 hours daily. Please note that the number of training days will be extended if you opt for 5 hours daily.
There are no upcoming course dates currently scheduled for this course. If you are keen on attending this course, please register your interest and indicate your preferred start/end training dates via our course enquiry form for us to open a Classroom/LIVE Virtual class schedule for this course.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of IoT and its impact on the consumer, business & government organizations
- Understand the various components and architecture of IoT
- Understand the current and upcoming communication technologies for IoT connectivity
- Be able to describe, compare and select the appropriate communications technology for each use case and scenario.
- Understand the role of modern computing (deployment and service models, architecture, private cloud infrastructural concerns, security and privacy concerns) in IoT
- Understand the role of each step of the value chain and most importantly the value of connectivity and business analytics in IoT
- Analyze and explore the security and privacy challenges in IoT
The course will enable participants to be proficient in the current and upcoming IoT technologies and standards, their operation and benefits. Upon the completion of the course, participants will be able to plan and design a best of class IoT solution that satisfy the current and future requirements of a connected society.
- Introduction to IoT
- IoT Technical Overview
- IoT Communication Technologies
- IoT network architectures and topologies
- IoT Protocols
- IoT Hardware, Software, Platforms and Systems
- Security and Privacy
- IoT Applications & Use Cases
- IoT Segmentation
- Digitalization & Digital Transformation of vertical industries
- Smart Cities & Smart Societies