After successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Plan and Design 3G/4G Mobile backhaul networks
- Understand advance router solutions IP/MPLS
- Differentiate between the access and aggregation networks
- Sketch the 3G/4G IP backhaul deployment architecture
- Know the differences of Ethernet backhaul services from Private line service to Ethernet VP Tree service
- Understand the components of E-OAM CFM (Fault Management)
- Recognize the importance of Microwave in a secondary market environment for hard to reach locations.
- Explain benefits of Carrier Ethernet and list various services provided for backhaul
- Offer multiple differentiated services as a mobile operator
- Describe and Compare the challenges for different 3G/4G backhaul facilities and explain the pros and cons of the available solutions
- Compare and contrast IP/MPLS vs IP/Ethernet and list various services provided for backhaul.
- Sketch possible migration path T1/E1 based backhaul solution to tomorrow’s IP/Carrier Ethernet based backhaul solution
- Differentiate between MPLS-TP and PBB-TE.
- Discuss the role of various technologies in backhaul networks with the importance of synchronization methods such as IEEE 1588
- Apply the end-to-end QoS concepts in IP and Ethernet integrated backhaul and their usage as part of the SLA and Identify how QoS and security can be guaranteed.
- Compare different backhaul facilities and explain the pros and cons of the available solutions.
- Calculate protocol overhead for various backhaul options for voice, Web, video, etc.
- Utilize traffic models to forecast backhaul requirements and calculate link bandwidths
- Backhaul Network Testing RFC 2544 Y.1731
- Overview, challenges, requirements & solutions of Synchronization for Carrier Ethernet in mobile backhaul with case studies from different mobile operators.
Knowledge of telecommunications understanding of switching.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, Managers and staff of Mobile companies who work in and plan to deploy Ethernet/IP backhaul networks.
- 3G/4G Mobile Backhaul Design
- IP addressing, routing
- Ethernet/IP Backhaul Network Design
- QoS, Timing and SLA
- Ethernet Backhaul Level and Network Testing
- Ethernet Backhaul Network Traffic measurements and Capacity planning