This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the Signal flow for GSM NSS
- Appreciate the evolution of W-CDMA Core Network
- Compare W-CDMA to GSM/ GPRS
- Explore the Interfaces and Protocols in W-CDMA (R4)
- Understand the basic signalling procedures in W-CDMA
- Learn the fundamentals of SS7, its routing related to GSM/ UMTS.
- Explore the basics of SCCP layer including GT routing.
- Understand GT Analysis and MAP
- Learn the different cases of ISUP-SS7 inter-working with GSM/ UMTS.
- Find out the approach in SS7 in GSM troubleshooting.
- Explore SIGTRAN Technology
- Learn SCTP Protocol and Applications
- Understand M3UA and SUA Protocols and Applications
- Understand Basic SIGTRAN Network Design
A basic knowledge of Mobile Communication/ PSTN will be required.
Who Should Attend?
For engineers and managers responsible for the implementation, operations & maintenance and support for GSM NSS/ UMTS.
- Overview of GSM Network/ Components, GSM Service Flow Analysis, Evolution of UMTS , Comparing W-CDMA to GSM/ GPRS, Introduction to W-CDMA Interfaces and Protocols
- Basic signalling Procedures in W-CDMA, signalling System No. 7 Overview, Understand MTP1, MTP2 and MTP3 Layers, SS7 Routing and STP Application
- Introduction to ISUP signalling, Fundamentals of SCCP, Routing, GT Analysis
- GSM MAP signalling, Case Study: ISUP inter-working GSM MAP Analysis, GSM Mobile IN, Introduction to BICC-Protocol
- Overview of SIGTRAN Network, Introduction to SCTP Protocols, M3UA Protocols and Applications, SUA Protocols and Applications, SIGTRAN Network Design