On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand GSM network on a system-wide level
- describe functionality of the SS7 network in GSM environment
- Describe message routing on MTP and SCCP levels
- Describe signaling procedures on different protocol levels:
- Understand MTP 1, 2 and 3
- Understand ISUP, SCCP, BSSAP, TCAP, MAP and MIN
The participants should have attended GSM Technology course or should have the equivalent knowledge.
Practical experience in GSM would be recommended.
Who Should Attend?
The course is intended for experienced network engineers, network tuning staff and anyone with network experience, who needs in depth technical knowledge on functionality of GSM signaling.
- GSM NSS Introduction
- GSM Interfaces
- No. 7 Signaling System
- Introduction to SCCP and GT Routing
- 5 GSM TCAP Layer
- GSM MAP Signaling
- Introduction to Mobile Intelligent Network (MIN)