Course participants will get familiarized with up-to-date information and standards on UMTS and LTE. They will learn the features of these UMTS and LTE standards and know why and how it evolved. They will also study the practical performance and deployment issues specific to the UMTS and LTE networks. The processes, procedures and protocols followed in the indoor design process of UMTS and LTE will also be discussed.
A basic knowledge of GSM/CDMA, IP and data communication technology is required.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers, technicians and managers responsible for the planning, design, and operation of UMTS and LTE networks and indoor design services.
- UMTS and LTE in a Nutshell
- UMTS System Architecture
- LTE System Architecture
- Spreading and Channelization Codes and Spreading process
- The LTE Air Interface
- UMTS Air Interface and Channels – (Logical, Transport, Physical)
- Combining, Antenna Systems and MHA
- UMTS HSPA LTE performance requirements
- LTE Protocols
- RNC Dimensioning
- Transmission Planning