On completion of MEF Carrier Ethernet Professional (MEF-CECP) training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Carrier Ethernet.
- Learn how to build networks to deliver Carrier Ethernet Services
- Design optimal applications of Carrier Ethernet for Service Provider markets.
- Understand Carrier Ethernet deployment solutions.
- Understand, compare and choose according to application, how Ethernet Services can be delivered over different transport technologies.
- Understand how Carrier Ethernet is used as an access technology and its importance to Network Operators?
- Understand and distinguish between the service attributes and how these are used to meet customer demands
- Compare and position Ethernet services to other alternatives.
- Examine options for delivery of Next Generation Services over Carrier Ethernet.
- Identify how services OAM are being performed.
- Identify how QoS and security can be guaranteed.
Pre-requisite for Participants
A very good understanding of IEEE802.1 standards, principles of internetworking, IP, Ethernet, WAN design and concepts.
Who Should Attend?
Product managers, product planners, Pre-Sales managers, sales engineers, engineers, technical solutions architects, business solutions engineers and managers. Individual who designs Carrier Ethernet Switching solution for service providers or anyone interested in deploying Carrier Ethernet services.
Duration and Training Format
- Next Generation Carrier Network Requirements
- Carrier Ethernet Services
- Transporting Carrier Ethernet Services
- Carrier Ethernet Access Technologies
- Carrier Ethernet Basic Definitions
- Key UNI, ENNI, and EVC service attributes
- Carrier Ethernet Certification
- Target Application for Ethernet Services
- Comparing and Positioning Ethernet Services
- Circuit Emulation over Ethernet including Carrier Ethernet for Mobile Backhaul
- Service Operations Administration and Maintenance (SOAM)
- Evaluation & Review
** This course leads to certification as an MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) and candidates are expected to sit for the MEF CECP Examination within a stipulated period after taking the course.